Nurturing, Diverse, Outstanding Academics
In the toddler community we welcome children from ages 16 to 32 months. We offer four, and five day programs with both a half-day, or full-day sessions.
The toddler environment is a natural, light-filled, home away from home where children and their families can experience the wonders of Montessori education in the early years of life. This is the time when the core of personality, social skills, and human values begins and develops.
In our community we genuinely respect the natural pace and development rhythm of each child. We offer the guidance needed to grow and flourish in an environment carefully prepared to meet all the child’s needs and foster a sense of belonging, independence, and language acquisition.
We support the young toddler’s natural desire to move freely. Opportunities for motor development include stairs, push carts, and wall bars among others. On a fine motor level, we offer materials for hand-eye coordination such as threading, bead stringing, cubes on pegs, spheres on horizontal pegs, puzzles, gluing, and folding, as well as various practical life exercises.
The child’s wish to be independent from the adult finds its realization through purposeful practical life activities such as preparing and serving a snack, setting and clearing the table, caring for plants and animals, dishwashing, hand washing, flower arranging, and so on. Gaining independence in dressing and toileting is one of the most important milestones that we work towards.
The environment is also enriched to support the toddler’s thirst for language. Detailed expressive language is spoken at all times in the room. The language area includes miniature objects, language nomenclature cards, books, spoken vocabulary enrichment exercises, and activities involving art and music experiences.
Call us to schedule a tour of our school!
- Warm and nurturing environment with a rich, multi-age preschool classroom; Sequential curriculum in language, math, geography, science, sensorial exploration, art and practical life activities.
- Welcome and celebrate all cultures of the world.
- Children develop life-skills important in early childhood for a lifetime of peaceful contribution to their future and their world.
- Partial Spanish immersion. Interactive outdoor classroom.
- Small, family-oriented school serving the community since 1968.
- Flexible offerings; we offer four, and five day programs with both a half-day, or full-day sessions.
- All teachers trained in the principles and pedagogy of Montessori education. Lead teachers hold advanced degrees.