“Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.”-Dr. Maria Montessori
Our School Mission
Located in Minnetonka, Minnesota, near the border of Hopkins and Eden Prairie, the mission of Hopkins Montessori School, is to create a warm, loving, and caring environment which encourages children ages 33 months to 6 years to develop strong self-esteem and reach their full potential through:
- Developing each child’s innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectations
- Developing a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Developing a sense of high self-esteem
- Developing and foster an abiding curiosity
- Developing habits of initiative and persistence
- Fostering inner discipline and a sense of order
- Developing sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge
- Developing socially acceptable behavior
- Building habits of concentration and acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
In our vision our school develops confident, self-motivated learners who creatively meet the challenges of life. We focus on the total development of the child’s personality: social, emotional, intellectual and physical. You will be astonished by what your child can do!