“Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.”-Dr. Maria Montessori
At Hopkins Montessori School, we allow each child to learn at his or her own pace. We focus on the total development of a child’s personality (social, emotional, intellectual, physical) so she/he will be better prepared to adapt to life and to adjust to the changing conditions of his or her environment.
Our School Mission
Located in Minnetonka, Minnesota, near the border of Hopkins and Eden Prairie, the mission of Hopkins Montessori School, is to create a warm, loving, and caring environment which encourages children ages 33 months to 6 years to develop strong self-esteem and reach their full potential through:
- Developing each child’s innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectations
- Developing a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Developing a sense of high self-esteem
- Developing and foster an abiding curiosity
- Developing habits of initiative and persistence
- Fostering inner discipline and a sense of order
- Developing sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge
- Developing socially acceptable behavior
- Building habits of concentration and acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
In our vision our school develops confident, self-motivated learners who creatively meet the challenges of life. We focus on the total development of the child’s personality: social, emotional, intellectual and physical. You will be astonished by what your child can do!